Wednesday, May 16, 2007





The Faithful and The Believers

By

James Bredin

The girl became a nun though she knew she would have no fun,
Maybe I thought, she had spent too much time out in the sun,
Going to hide in a convent and do penance for her sins,
This pious beauty virgin maiden who caused me some chagrin.

But who am I to say what’s right, religious or wrong?
Merely a passing observer listening to a hymn or a song,
Knowing well that I’m not too sure about god or the hereafter,
Therefore I tend to enjoy life amid a lot of loud laughter.

And I’m not that easily convinced to follow right along,
My common sense, ideas and notions are way too strong,
Like the others, I was overdosed on religion long ago,
Nor could I follow a Hitler, a Stalin or a Moe.

Therefore I watch the committed and religious with suspicion,
Wondering about their hidden motives and ambitions,
Cardinals and bishops in red dress waving to the crowd,
Or many sanctimonious preachers screaming out loud.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No comments: